Over the last 8 months, I’ve realized that I can’t do it all. I can’t keep my house spotless, make baby food, nurse Lucy, make dinner for me and Eric, give Marty all the attention he needs, do the laundry, put the laundry away, go to the grocery store, be a good friend/daughter/wife, etc. So I’ve found some short cuts 🙂
1. Straighten up the living room, then light a laundry scented candle. The house will smell like you’ve cleaned ALL DAY.
2. Designate (at least) one room that will always have the door closed. That room is our office. Also since our bedrooms are upstairs, we don’t invite people to go upstairs.
3. Put your hubby to work. If you have a husband like mine, he wants to help you. Just ask.
4. Let your friends help. They can cuddle with the dog. They can bring you dinner. They can watch your baby. Just ask.
5. As women, we were created to multitask. We are convinced that we are supposed to do all of those thing listed above in order to be a good mom/wife/woman. The only problem with that is, if your attention is everywhere, its really no where. Choose one task and focus on it. Give your peanut all of your attention. When its time to clean, take advantage of nap times and do it right. When its date night, talk to your husband. Otherwise we are only half-assing our lives.
6. The Roomba was one of the greatest inventions ever. Press a button and dog hair be gone!
7. Get a large laundry basket. It will hold more laundry (clean or dirty) while you wait to wash it or put it away.
8. Start introducing flavors that you eat to your baby. The sooner she can eat what you eat, the fewer meals you have to fix. For example, Lucy LOVES guacamole!
9. Tailor your meals to things your baby can eat too (meats, veggies, fruits, grains). You will be healthier and there will be less work to do.
10. Turn your back to the mess. Its not a big deal in grand scheme of things. Instead go for a walk with your family. Sit and relax. Listen to your little one laugh. Those are the important things.
Have you discovered any other short cuts? Please share!